JHVEPhotography/iStockBy AARON KATERSKY, ABC NEWS(WASHINGTON) — A Raytheon engineer who “endangered national security” was sentenced Wednesday to 1 1/2 years in prison.Ahmed Serageldin had worked on a radar system used to defend against ballistic missiles and had pleaded guilty to keeping classified national defense documents about that system at his home without authorization.Serageldin apologized for his behavior in court Wednesday.“I was sloppy, but I have always been loyal to my job and to the country,” Serageldin said before the sentence was handed down.Federal prosecutors in Boston had asked for five years in prison.“He took over 3,100 digital documents,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Scott Garland said, adding he also took more than 100 physical documents. More than 500 of those documents were labeled classified and “exposed” to anyone who wanted to see them.“Defendant deserves this serious sentence because he deliberately endangered national security, at the very least by keeping national defense information where it was viewable and available to others,” prosecutors wrote in a sentencing memorandum.The judge said five years was too much and questioned whether the offense was as serious as prosecutors portrayed.“You have no evidence that he actually transmitted it to a foreign power,” said Judge Patti Saris.“That is correct we do not have that evidence,” Garland replied.“That’s very important,” Saris said. “He’s not a trader or a spy. He basically misused classified information in his home.”Defense attorneys called Serageldin, 67, of Sharon, Massachusetts, a “loyal American” who deserved nothing more than three years probation.“He didn’t transfer secret documents anywhere,” defense attorney George Vien said. “He worked on them at home.”Capt. Jason Hall, who oversees the Dual Band Radar for the United States Navy, told the judge that Serageldin’s conduct “could degrade the effectiveness” of the radar system.“Compromise of this sensitive technical information would diminish the strategic advantage of successor radars,” Hall said.While Saris said Serageldin intended no harm, she cited the volume of documents he kept at home when she imposed her 18-month sentence.“I don’t think you intentionally harmed the United States, but you put it at risk,” the judge said.Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.
The credit union industry’s loan-to-share ratio hit a first quarter high of 82.3% as of March 2019, continuing a half-decade-long trend of loan growth surpassing deposit growth. On the institution level, 236 credit unions at first quarter are 100% or more loaned out; that’s compared to 214 last year and 159 the year before that.As credit unions face liquidity constraints stemming from robust loan growth without the deposit growth to match, some institutions are re-thinking legacy products to catch the eye — and wallet — of potential savers. Canvas Credit Union($2.6B, Lone Tree, CO) is no exception.At first quarter, Canvas’ 96.8% loan-to-share ratio ranks 10th highest among Colorado credit unions and third among the state’s seven credit unions over $1 billion in assets. Led by a large auto loan program, more than half of them indirect loans, Canvas’ recent loan has exceeded 20% each quarter between first quarter 2014 and third quarter 2017, though now it more closely aligns with national average. continue reading » ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
Irish Continental Group plc (ICG) has placed an order with German shipbuilder Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesselschaft & Co.KG (FSG) for the construction of a cruise ferry worth EUR 165.2 million (USD 199 million). Upon completion, it will be the largest cruise ferry in the world in terms of vehicle capacity, according to ICG.The cruise ferry will be able to accommodate 1,800 passengers and crew, with capacity for 5,610 freight lane metres, which provides the capability to carry 330 freight units per sailing. Overall, it will effectively be a 50 pct increase in peak freight capacity compared to the MV Ulysses.Under the deal, the cruise ferry is scheduled for delivery before mid-2020.Twenty percent of the contract price will be paid in installments during the construction period. The balance of 80 pct will be paid on delivery. ICG said it would finance the ferry with funds from credit facilities.The new ferry will be fitted with emissions scrubber technology and ballast water systems so as to meet current and known future environmental regulations and will deliver optimal fuel consumption while minimising related costs.It will be powered by four main engines delivering 33,600 KW of power and adhere to Ice Class specification.Freight capacity will be provided over five decks, while passenger facilities will be spread over three decks. In addition, the vessel has been designed for three-tier freight bow loading to allow for efficient loading/unloading and quick turnaround times.The cruise ferry is being built specifically for Irish Ferries Dublin – Holyhead services. It is expected to replace the schedule of the MV Ulysses, which in turn will replace the currently chartered vessel MV Epsilon in the fleet.This will allow for the deployment of the W.B. Yeats (arriving mid-2018) full-time on the direct Ireland – France route alongside the MV Oscar Wilde.“This investment underpins the confidence the group has in the markets in which we operate. Alongside the recent investment in the MV W.B. Yeats, it brings our total investment to EUR 315 million for these two vessels designed for our operations on the Irish Sea. “The construction of a cruise ferry of this size will offer both additional capacity and an enhanced experience for both our tourism and freight customers. This infrastructural investment enhances “the bridge” to the UK & Continental Europe that is a vital part of the continued success of Ireland’s open economy,” Eamonn Rothwell, Chief Executive Officer, said.
“I’m fine, I reassure everyone. I’ve always been quite well, I haven’t had any serious symptoms. I consider myself lucky,” Rugani told Juventus TV.The 25-year-old Italian international was diagnosed last Wednesday with the Turin club saying he was asymptomatic.Since then a total of 11 Serie A players have being diagnosed with the illness which has killed more than 1,800 people in the Mediterranean country.“There was a huge media explosion right away. A lot of people wrote to me and I thank them,” said Rugani, who is currently self-isolating in a room at the team’s J-Hotel, beside the Italian champions’ training centre.Juventus defender Daniele Rugani in action against Genoa in October 2019Read Also: Pogba makes coronavirus fund-raising pledge“I hope it served to raise awareness, especially those who had not understood the seriousness of this problem.“I’m going to get over it, we’re going to get by and I hope we’ll all come out even stronger.“The quarantine is tough, even more so because you are alone, so I can’t wait to embrace all my loved ones.”FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Juventus defender Daniele Rugani, the first Italian top-flight footballer diagnosed with coronavirus, said on Monday he was “doing well” and hoped his case “served to sensitise everyone” to the illness.Advertisement Promoted Content12 Flicks That Almost Ended Their Stars’ Careers7 Mind-Boggling Facts About Black Holes10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By OdeithCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoThe Most Stunning Wedding Looks From Around The WorldBest Car Manufacturers In The WorldThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The WorldWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually TrueYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime
“To lead a team out at Wembley and then to lead them up the steps to pick up the trophy, it’s the proudest moment of my career and I don’t think that will be topped. “It’s special to go up the steps at Wembley, it’s the stuff you dream of and fortunately I’ve been able to do that as captain. “You dream about stuff like that as a kid and just talking about it makes you feel a bit emotional seeing the yellow and green out there as you go up the steps – but to lift the trophy at Wembley, that was a cup final out there. “It’s an emotional day. I think after last year it is a bit of redemption. We’ve had our naysayers and our doom mongers this year but we’ve got through all that as a team, a squad – the staff as well. “I think the football club this year has been more together than ever to prove people wrong and get back to where we belong and thankfully we’ve done that today.” Norwich boss Alex Neil, in charge of Scottish side Hamilton Academical before his appointment in January, told Sky Sports: “I believed we would do it, but it’s one thing believing it and another thing doing it. “Big players arrive on the big stage and you saw that in the first 20 minutes – we were unbelievable. We worked so hard to get here. The worst thing you can do is walk off having been scared.” While Canaries winger Redmond, who scored the second goal, was delighted with the team ethic within the side, he knows there is a lot of work to do over the summer. The 21-year-old told BBC Radio 5 live: “It was about a team (effort). The boys did it. The passage of play before my goal was a team effort. “I’m extremely proud of the boys. We’ll have a good summer and we’ll get back to work.” He also tweeted: “Still hasn’t sunk in what we achieved yesterday afternoon. Time for a little break before meeting up.” Team-mate and fellow scorer Jerome wrote on his Twitter account: “Amazing day all round such a special moment to win promotion at wembley #ncfc #premierleague proud day for everyone associated with the club.” Former Norwich striker Iwan Roberts won promotion with the Carrow Road outfit at the end of his seven-year spell in 2004 for the club’s second stint in the Premier League. He was pleased to see they were successful again and believes the late arrival of the Boro team coach to Wembley handed the winners a “big advantage”. He told BBC Radio 5 live: “Their (Norwich’s) tactics were spot on. They flew out, got the two early goals and the result was never in doubt because Boro never ever looked like scoring. “I’m delighted for (major shareholders) Michael (Wynn-Jones) and Delia (Smith). They put their heart and soul into Norwich City.” On Middlesbrough’s late arrival just 60 minutes before kick-off, the 46-year-old Welshman added: “I think they’ve got to have a long hard look at themselves because their coach got there an hour before kick-off. “For a big game like that as a player that would absolutely drive you mad. “You want to be there at least an hour and a half (early). You don’t get time to prepare, you don’t get time go out and have a look at the surroundings. “It must have been a mad rush for them. To get out, get warmed up, get back in and get themselves ready for the game, and I think it gave Norwich a big advantage.” Almost 12 months ago to the day, it was Canaries boss Neil who masterminded Hamilton’s promotion to the Scottish Premiership, and – following his appointment in January – the unheralded Scotsman has presided over a remarkable run which took the Norfolk club back into the top six and culminated in Monday’s play-off final triumph. Regarding Neil’s success at the club Roberts added: “I think he’s done an unbelievable job and many people, I think, raised eyebrows when he was given the job. “All credit to (chief executive) David McNally and the football club, they did their homework and they spoke to Alex Neil and probably took a bit of a gamble bringing him down but hasn’t it paid off? “A 68 per cent win rate. I think the hard work starts now – staying in the Premier League, I look at the odds and they’re the second favourites for relegation.” Messages of congratulations poured in for Neil’s play-off champions on Twitter following the news of their promotion for their fourth spell in the Premier League. Gary Lineker wrote on his account: “Congratulations to Norwich City. You just couldn’t stay away, could you.” BBC Sport tweeted a photograph of Delia Smith and Michael Wynn-Jones with the trophy on the Wembley turf and the words “Let’s be ‘avin you!” Presenter Chris Kamara, who spent a spell on loan at Middlesbrough during his playing days, commented: “Norwich played superb today & thoroughly deserved to win.” Comedian and Norwich fan Stephen Fry was delighted, saying: “We’re in the premiership!!! And we DESERVE to be, I reckon! Well done Alex Neil and all the players. Ridiculously happy!!!” Former Wales striker John Hartson, who spent a month on loan at Carrow Road in October 2007 shortly before he hung up his boots, wrote on Twitter: “Must say how well Alex Neil has done.. Surprised everyone when he got the Norwich post but he’s been outstanding. Humble and dignified man.” Former Arsenal defender Lee Dixon said: “Huge effort from everyone. Special credit to the board. Fans happy now!…” More reaction came in on Twitter as Philip Neville wrote: “Congratulations Norwich – along with Bournemouth long drives next season!!!” Dion Dublin, who began his playing career in the Norwich academy and finished it with a two-year spell at the club in 2008, said: “Premier League Club Premier League Season Premier League Supporters #CongratulationsNCFC.” Former Scotland goalkeeper Bryan Gunn, who made 390 league appearances for the club in a 12-year spell and was manager in 2009 tweeted: “What a day #ncfc What a seat! #OTBC.” Norwich captain Russell Martin said winning promotion to the Barclays Premier League through the play-offs was the “proudest moment” of his career after his side defeated Middlesbrough at Wembley on Monday. Goals from Cameron Jerome and Nathan Redmond put the Canaries 2-0 up inside 15 minutes as Norwich returned to the top flight a year after relegation. Martin told Norwich TV: “It feels amazing to have it (the trophy). The way we’ve done it is the ultimate and this tops everything for me at this football club since I’ve been here. Press Association