An investigation has been launched after an offshore worker has suffered injuries on a Transocean-owned drilling rig operating for Suncor Energy offshore Canada. Canadian regulator, the Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Offshore Petroleum Board (C-NLOPB), reported on Monday it had initiated a formal investigation into an incident reported by Suncor Energy on September 6, 2019.Earlier that same day, a Transocean employee on the Mobile Offshore Drilling Unit (MODU) Transocean Barents was injured while preparing the rig for forecasted weather. The worker was caught between a steel adapter weighing 1400kg and a rail during crane operations.An “all stop” was immediately called and the medic and emergency response team were called to the scene. The injured worker was transferred by medevac to St. John’s on Friday afternoon. The worker is currently in stable condition and remains in hospital under observation. The incident had the potential for fatality, according to the regulator.The regulator said that operations were suspended on the Transocean Barents following the incident and the area secured. Drilling operations remain suspended and will not resume until Suncor has received approval from the C-NLOPB to do so.This is not the first time for Suncor and Transocean Barents to be put under investigation. Namely, the Canadian regulator in May 2018 started an investigation following a synthetic-based mud spill from the Transocean Barents rig.Spotted a typo? Have something more to add to the story? Maybe a nice photo? Contact our editorial team via email. Also, if you’re interested in showcasing your company, product or technology on Offshore Energy Today, please contact us via our advertising form where you can also see our media kit.
Republican consultant Roger Stone, who is currently facing a federal indictment related to the Mueller investigation, spoke to our news partner, CBS12, on Saturday evening, three days before his trial is set to begin.Stone did not comment on his case due to a court-imposed gag order.He says it has been “quite some time” since he has spoken with President Trump, to whom Stone served as a close confidant leading up to the 2016 campaign.Stone believes the current impeachment inquiry against the President could hurt the Democratic party, while galvanizing Trump’s supporters. He adds that impeachment by the House of Representatives is an “almost certainty,” and suggested that Trump use campaign funds to advertise in states with Republican senators who might be “undecided” in a potential Senate impeachment trial.According to Stone, “I think the president has not only an obligation but a responsibility to investigate official corruption by government officials. Donald Trump did nothing wrong,” referencing the President’s call with Ukranian President Volodymyr Zelensky.As for the Democrats’ allegation that the call shows Trump pressuring a foreign leader for dirt on a political rival, Stone says, “I think the president’s done nothing wrong. I read the transcript of that phone call, as did every American, and I still don’t see any impropriety about what the president did.”Stone thinks Trump supporters will rise up if impeachment occurs, adding, “I don’t think it will be violence but i do think there will be a political revolution. I think that the Republicans might well take back the house because of this impeachment drive.”In terms of his overall thoughts on President Trump’s style in handling the impeachment inquiry, Stone states, “He’s a brawler, he likes a good fight. he’s fearless. you can’t judge him on bass of judging past presidents. He has a unique style. It’s a style some people love, its a style that grates others.”