Former India captain and CAC member Sourav Ganguly today sent out a terse message to Virat Kohli, saying the Indian captain will need to understand how coaches operate in the wake of his infamous fallout with Anil Kumble.WATCH FULL VIDEOThe three-member Cricket Advisory Committee comprising Sachin Tendulkar and VVS Laxman besides Ganguly, has put the appointment of next India coach on hold despite completion of the interview process.”Virat will need to understand how coaches operate. At the same time, you have to give credit to Kohli that he has stayed out of the coach selection process. We will have a detailed chat with him once he is back from the West Indies,” said Ganguly.The CAC interviewed five candidates for the post of head coach and at the end of it said that they needed more time to come to a final decision. Tendulkar joined in through video conference.Ganguly made it clear that they are looking at the bigger picture for the next two years and will take a decision in the best interest of Indian cricket.”The process is done. All presentations were outstanding.We just want to talk more with people who matter. We all have to be on the same page. Whoever comes will be in charge till the 2019 World Cup. And we want to make sure there is no differences of opinion six months down the line.”Virender Sehwag, Ravi Shastri, Lalchand Rajput, Tom Moody and Richard Pybus were the ones interviewed.advertisementAsked about the inputs taken from Kohli in the meetings during the Champions Trophy, Ganguly said, “That was on a different aspect. As I said, he has stayed out of the whole thing.”We want to make sure we take the best possible decision for Indian cricket. The coach, captain and players are the ones who will take Indian cricket forward. The CAC goes out of the picture once the coach is selected.”Ganguly hinted that the coach will be picked before the Sri Lanka tour that begins with the first Test on July 26.Kumble resigned from the head coach’s post just after the ICC Champions Trophy final against Pakistan last month due to “untenable” differences with skipper Kohli.
Greek athlete Eleftherios Petrounias on Saturday won his eighth gold medal in the last 22 months after finishing first in the rings event at the FIG Artistic Gymnastics World Cup in Baku, Azerbaijan.Petrounias took gold with a total of 15,333 points during the finals of the competition, ahead of Turkish athlete Ibrahim Colak with 15,100 points and China’s Xingyu Lan with 14,866 points. A notable performance was also given by the second Greek athlete to make it to the finals of the event, Konstantinos Konstantinidis, who finished fourth with 14,700 points.TweetPinShare0 Shares
Some of Australia’s best coaches and players will be on hand to share their knowledge and skills with South Australia’s up-and-coming talent this weekend when Touch Football South Australia holds its AusSquad Junior Development weekend. Australian Men’s Open squad member, Stuart Brierty and Australian Women’s Open squad member, Leah Percy will be in attendance at the camp as will Australian 18’s Boys coach, Dave Nolan and Australian Women’s Open assistant coach, Karley Banks. South Australia’s 12’s, 15’s and 18’s Boys and Girls teams will be involved in the weekend, which will be great preparation for their respective national events later in the year – for the 18’s teams, the 2013 X-Blades National Youth Championships in September, and for the 12’s and 15’s, the School Sport Australia National Championships in October in Darwin. For more information about the weekend, please visit Touch Football South Australia’s website – www.touchsa.com.au. Related LinksSA AusSquad Weekend
Popular news and list website, Buzzfeed has featured Touch Football this week, creating a post titled ’23 things everyone who has played Touch Football will relate to’. The post lists plenty of relatable scenarios to anyone who has taken the Touch Football field, from slipping over, attempting to score a touchdown on the wrong line and making lifelong friends. To read the story, please click on the link below: http://www.buzzfeed.com/tahliapritchard/23-things-all-aussie-kids-who-played-touch-football-growing#.qdQgDJv5Qj Is there anything you’d add to this post? Let us know on our social media channels:Facebook – www.facebook.com/touchfootballaustraliaTwitter – www.twitter.com/touchfootyausInstagram – www.instagram.com/touchfootballaustralia Related LinksBuzzfeed story
GODERICH, Ont. – Unifor is calling on Compass Minerals to pause job cuts at its salt mine in Goderich, Ont. ahead of collective bargaining talks.The union says the company gave lay-off notices to about 48 workers last week, while the Local 16-O union has given notice to bargain for March 5 and has filed for conciliation.Unifor says that laying off 10 per cent of the mine’s workforce two weeks before bargaining is a very aggressive move and that the company is “acting like an employer itching for major job action.”The union says it also has serious concerns over how Compass has acted, accusing the company of encouraging workers to take severance packages that would cancel their right to be recalled if production at the mine increases.The Kansas-based company did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Unifor’s accusations, but said previously that the cuts are part of a years-long restructuring that includes a shift to a mining method that is safer and requires fewer employees.Compass, which bought the Goderich mine in 1990, says the operation located 550 metres under Lake Huron is the largest underground salt mine in the world with the product being mostly used for winter road maintenance.
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The City’s Legislative Services Director Janet Prestley says the City wants more Fort St. John residents to get out and vote during this fall’s municipal election.Speaking at the Fort St. John & District Chamber of Commerce luncheon today, Prestley spoke about some of the outreach the City will be doing to help bolster some of the lowest municipal election voter turnout stats in Northern B.C. According to the City, Fort St. John municipal election voter turnout has consistently lagged at least 19 percent behind the provincial average.During the 2008 municipal election, Fort St. John recorded a voter turnout of 23 percent while the average across B.C. was 43 percent. In 2014, the provincial average voter turnout was 41 percent, while Fort St. John’s voter turnout dropped to 15 percent. Some of the factors that have been blamed on the drop in turnout during election include the acclamation of the Mayor and a lack of controversial issues. Prestley said that many residents often forget that they interact with their local municipal government much more often than with their provincial or federal counterparts. She added that many residents also might not know that voting can often take less time than ordering a cup of coffee at a fast food restaurant.According to Prestley, residents will have three ways to vote during the upcoming municipal election: in person, at the curbside, and by mail. She said that the polls will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Fort St. John Legion on the day of the election, which is scheduled for Saturday, October 20th. Residents can also vote from the curbside in the comfort of their vehicles outside the polling station, or can request a mail-in ballot from the City ahead of the election.For more information about the upcoming municipal election, contact Janet Prestley at City Hall at (250) 787-8150.
The day’s events will conclude with a talent show, which is open to all residents, and a ceremonial tea dance.Desjarlais said that the day’s events are open to all residents, with admission free of charge. Anyone wanting to register for the Talent Show can do so before 6:00 p.m. at the event. FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – Northern Lights College in Fort St. John is going to be the host venue for an entire day of festivities in celebration of National Aboriginal Day on Thursday, June 21st.NLC’s Aboriginal Relations and Services Coordinator Lorisha Desjarlais said that Thursday’s event is being put on in collaboration with School District #60, the Treaty 8 Tribal Association, the Northeast Native Advancing Society, and the Nenan Dane zaa Deh Zona Family Services Society. She said that this is the second straight year the group of organizations is collaborating on hosting an event to celebrate National Aboriginal Day, allowing the groups to host one big event instead of a number of smaller ones.Desjarlais said that the day’s festivities will start at 12:00 p.m. with a free lunch before the Opening Ceremonies at 1:00. The afternoon’s activities will include performances by the N’we Jinan Blueberry youth singers and School District #60’s Pow-wow dancers before activities form 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
New Delhi: A 12-year-old girl was sexually assaulted inside a park in Shahdara’s Seemapuri area on Thursday. Police said they have launched a manhunt to nab the accused in the case. The investigating agency stated that the girl is in trauma and not able to talk properly. Police said that the incident was reported on Thursday morning after the victim’s mother alerted them about the crime with her daughter.At the time of the incident, the victim had gone to the park to play and there was no one in the house as her mother works as a maid. “In the evening when the girl’s mother came to the house and did not found her daughter, she started searching,” police further said. Later, the mother found her sitting on the pavement on the street. She reached there and asked about her whereabouts. The minor was not able to walk properly and she was in pain. The mother came to know about the incident and alerted the Seemapuri police station. Deputy Commissioner of Police (Shahdara) Meghna Yadav said that the case is being investigated and no one has been arrested in the case. “The girl is in shock after the incident,” DCP Yadav said. According to the police officer, they have launched a manhunt in different parks connecting to the area. Police staff of two police stations are working in the case. “Questioning is going on with several people including drug addicts and other suspicious persons who roam around the area,” police said. A case under appropriate IPC sections and POCSO Act registered in Seemapuri police station. Recently in another case, a 30-year-old man has been arrested for raping a 61-year-old mentally challenged woman in a park near Lajpat Nagar metro station in Southeast Delhi. Last year, three persons have been arrested in connection with the alleged gang-rape of a 16-year-old girl and attack on her male friend in a park in Northwest Delhi’s Shalimar Bagh area on December 16, 2018.