About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Luiz insists Chelsea in the title raceby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveChelsea defender David Luiz insists they’re in the title race.Chelsea are fourth in the table ahead of their match against Leicester at Stamford Bridge on Saturday and go into the festive period looking to make it three league wins in a row.”Everybody knows the Premier League is so difficult, we have to think step by step,” the Brazil international told Sky Sports News.”Of course the boss tries to give us the maths and to give us one direction to follow and we trying to get the points to be there and fighting for the title not just for the top four.”It’s not my first Premier League [season] so I know anything can happen.”
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The City’s Legislative Services Director Janet Prestley says the City wants more Fort St. John residents to get out and vote during this fall’s municipal election.Speaking at the Fort St. John & District Chamber of Commerce luncheon today, Prestley spoke about some of the outreach the City will be doing to help bolster some of the lowest municipal election voter turnout stats in Northern B.C. According to the City, Fort St. John municipal election voter turnout has consistently lagged at least 19 percent behind the provincial average.During the 2008 municipal election, Fort St. John recorded a voter turnout of 23 percent while the average across B.C. was 43 percent. In 2014, the provincial average voter turnout was 41 percent, while Fort St. John’s voter turnout dropped to 15 percent. Some of the factors that have been blamed on the drop in turnout during election include the acclamation of the Mayor and a lack of controversial issues. Prestley said that many residents often forget that they interact with their local municipal government much more often than with their provincial or federal counterparts. She added that many residents also might not know that voting can often take less time than ordering a cup of coffee at a fast food restaurant.According to Prestley, residents will have three ways to vote during the upcoming municipal election: in person, at the curbside, and by mail. She said that the polls will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Fort St. John Legion on the day of the election, which is scheduled for Saturday, October 20th. Residents can also vote from the curbside in the comfort of their vehicles outside the polling station, or can request a mail-in ballot from the City ahead of the election.For more information about the upcoming municipal election, contact Janet Prestley at City Hall at (250) 787-8150.
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Huskies are currently promoting their Early Bird Season Ticket pricing before September 1st, 2019.With 19 regular-season home games this year versus the 17 last year there is a lot of entertainment to be had.2019-20 Season Passes Rates; Infant (0-4) – Early Bird FREE / After FREE Child (5-18) – Early Bird $75 / After $85 Adult (19-54) – Early Bird $150 / After $170 Senior (55+) – Early Bird $75 / After $85 Family (4+) – Early Bird $425 / After $480Tickets are available at the upcoming training camp (Aug 30 – Sept 1) or email; firstname.lastname@example.org
CALGARY — Husky Energy Inc. says its second-quarter financial results were dragged by a heavy maintenance schedule, non-routine write offs and expenses, but those negatives were partly offset by a one-time tax benefit.The integrated oil and gas company had $370 million of net earnings in the quarter, including a negative impact from $77 million in after-tax adjustments that were offset by a $233 million benefit from Alberta corporate tax reductions.The profit amounted to 36 cents per share, down from 44 cents per share, or $448 million overall, in last year’s second quarter. However, net income was above the consensus estimate of 32 cents per share from financial markets data firm Refinitiv. It didn’t provide a revenue estimate for Husky’s second quarter.Husky says its revenue net of royalties was $5.30 billion, down from $5.88 billion in last year’s second quarter. Funds from operations dropped to $802 million or 80 cents per share from $1.21 billion or $1.20 per share.The Calgary-based company says it’s on track with a plan outlined at its recent investor day.Companies in this story: (TSX:HSE)The Canadian Press
NEW DELHI: Delhi president Sheila Dikshit welcomed the historic announcement made by Congress president Rahul Gandhi to uplift the living standards of the poorest people in the country through the Minimum Income Guarantee Scheme, which she termed was an “extraordinary step”.Sheila Dikshit expressed her view that Rahul Gandhi made the announcement that under the Minimum Income Guarantee Scheme (Nyuantam Aay Yojna (NYAY)) for 5 crore poorest families of India, i.e 25 crore people, Rs 72,000 per annum would be deposited directly in the bank account of the woman of the family. She said that this scheme will apply both to the Urban and Rural poor families. She said “this is the biggest scheme for the poor by the Congress party” after the highly successful MANREGA. She said that this is probably the world’s first such scheme to ameliorate the woeful condition of the poorest people.
Parents, please take note. Teenagers who experience cyber bullying are more likely to suffer from poor sleep and depression, warns a study. In one of the few studies to explore the connection between cyber victimisation and sleep quality, a research team examined the relationship between online bullying and depression among over 800 adolescents. “Cyber victimisation on the Internet and social media is a unique form of peer victimisation and an emerging mental health concern among teenagers who are digital natives,” said the reearchers. Also Read – The Puja carnivalAt severe levels, depression may lead to disrupted school performance, harmed relationships or even suicide. According to the US Office of Adolescent Health, nearly one third of teenagers have experienced symptoms of depression, which, in addition to changes in sleep pattern, include persistent irritability, anger and social withdrawal. The study was scheduled to be presented at “SLEEP 2019” conference in Texas from June 8-12.
After an absolutely scorching first three rounds of the 2015 Masters, 21-year-old Jordan Spieth shot a 2-under-par 70 Sunday to finish off his first major championship victory. Giving the performance even more historical import, Spieth’s 72-hole score of 270 — 18 strokes under par — tied Tiger Woods’s 1997 record for the lowest score in the tournament’s long history. It was undoubtedly one of the most dominant performances ever seen at Augusta National.But was it the most dominant? Relative to the field, probably not, because not all 72-hole scores are created equal.When Woods shot his 270, the average player to make the cut in the Masters shot a 3-over-par 291, which ranks 31st-lowest out of the 79 Masters staged since the tournament began in 1934. Woods’s score, then, was 21 strokes better than the field average for players who completed all 72 holes, the fourth-best mark relative to the field in Masters history. (No. 1 was Cary Middlecoff, whose 279 was 24.8 strokes better than average in 1955, two years before the tournament instituted a 36-hole cut.)In 2015, the field averaged a 72-hole score of 285.6, 2.4 strokes better than par — the third-lowest average in tournament history — meaning the typical player in this year’s Masters took 5.4 fewer strokes than in Woods’s record-setting year. In turn, Spieth’s 270 was only 15.6 strokes better than the field average, a mark that ranks just 42nd among 72-hole scores since 1934.In fairness to Spieth, 37 of the 41 players ahead of him on that list put up their scores before the Masters started cutting the field down after 36 holes in 1957. Before that, scores such as Charles Kunkle’s 340 in 1956 polluted the overall field averages, making top-of-the-leaderboard performances look far better by comparison. But even if we limit our sample of tournaments to 1957 and later, Spieth’s -15.6 mark relative to the field ranks fifth-best, trailing not only Woods’s in 1997, but also Masters wins by Raymond Floyd, Jack Nicklaus and Phil Mickelson:The rest of the field was so good this year that a record four players shot 11-under-par or better, and 58 percent of all players who made the cut broke par. Even without including Spieth’s 270, the rest of the field averaged a score of 285.9, the third-lowest 72-hole average for non-winners since 1957:This doesn’t take much shine off Spieth’s week at Augusta, of course. He’s only 21, the same age as Woods in 1997; Nicklaus was 25, Floyd was 33 and Mickelson was 39 when they posted superior performances relative to opponents playing the same course under the same conditions. But as long as par isn’t what the typical player shoots, the field average should always be taken into account when comparing scores across tournaments and eras — and in Spieth’s case, that slightly lowers the historical significance of his 2015 performance.
Manchester United midfielder Juan Mata is looking to the bright side of things by stating that a squad with no World Cup stars gives the kids the “pre-season of their lives”The Red Devils’ boss Jose Mourinho has repeatedly lamented the fact that so many so his first-team players are still away on holiday due to their participation at this summer’s World Cup with only a dozen, so far, having returned for pre-season training.Switzerland midfielder Nemanja Matic has now returned to the squad, while new signing Fred and goalkeeper David de Gea are set to join the squad at their US training camp within the week.But United will still have to make do without the likes of World Cup winner Paul Pogba due to reaching the latter stages of the competition.With just 18 days till their Premier League opener against Leicester City, last season’s runners-up will likely have to use academy players like Tahith Chong and James Garner.But Mata is trying to stay positive.Maguire says United need to build on today’s win George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Harry Maguire wants his United teammates to build on the victory over Leicester City.During the summer, Harry Maguire was referred to as the ultimate…“We all know that this is not the squad that is going to be the first-team squad when we start the Premier League in the first game of the season,” said the Spaniard, according to MEN.“But it is what it is. And I like to see it in a positive way, which is so many youngsters are with us.“It speaks very well about how the Manchester United academy is working and it’s an incredible experience for them. So for us, the senior players, it’s about getting some minutes and getting the rhythm of the game.“And for the kids, it’s just the pre-season of their lives, I believe. Because, if I was 19, 20, 18 and I had the chance to play with first-team players of Manchester United, I will definitely try to take my chance.“So, yeah, we are not still all here, but the ones that are here, we are trying to enjoy it as much as we can.”
Danny Drinkwater has not had a good chance at Chelsea since he joined the club since a bit over one year ago. He has only made about 12 starts for Chelsea in all tournaments and his show in the first team has only happened in the Community Shield this season.All indications show that the midfielder is in for a really hard chance at Chelsea because of the players he has to contend places with. Drinkwater will have to topple Jorginho, Mateo Kovacic, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Ross Barkley, and Cesc Fabregas to secure a place in the Chelsea squad.The chances for a successful time at Chelsea is really thin for Drinkwater and his best options point towards leaving the club to seek game time elsewhere. There is news that Leicester City is still keeping an eye on their former player. The news is according to Daily Express, as reported by Soccer Souls.Leicester’s interest in having their midfielder back from Chelsea asks the question of whether West Ham should continue seeking a move for him come January.Premier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…It is obvious that the struggling West Ham needs a strong playmaker to help fortify their game in the middle of the pitch. Drinkwater appears to be a good pick for the Hammers on this issue.
For Aurelio De Laurentiis, the Italian manager is motivated solely by money and that’s why he chose to move to English Premier League side ChelseaItalian manager Maurizio Sarri coached Lega Serie A club Napoli from 2015 to 2018.He then chose to transfer to English Premier League side Chelsea during the summer.But for Napoli’s owner Aurelio De Laurentiis, his motivation to leave the Italian club was based solely on money.Virgil van Dijk praises Roberto Firmino after Liverpool’s win Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Virgil van Dijk hailed team-mate Roberto Firmino after coming off the bench to inspire Liverpool to a 3-1 comeback win against Newcastle United.“Sarri? I thought I had met a coach who would stay at Napoli for a long time. At a certain point it became a question linked exclusively to money,” De Laurentiis was quoted by Il Napolista.“Suddenly, it was established by the media that his contract must be adjusted. So what is the value of an agreement just signed? We had already gone from 700 thousand euros to a million and a half.”“I also once heard him say that for his next contract, he wanted to get rich,” he added.“Sarri’s declarations of love for the city? I believed it, but then I wondered: ‘What if he was using me as a bank?’”
The German-born American goalkeeper hopes his time with the United States senior national team will help his debut in the leagueGoalkeeper Jonathan Klinsmann was born in Germany but has defended the national colors of the United States since 2014.He’s now been called up for today’s match between England and the USA, and he hopes this will help his debut in the German Bundesliga soon for Hertha Berlin.“I think we all had varying reasons to go abroad,” Klinsmann explained to bundesliga.com.“[But] the biggest one I think would be that the Bundesliga has had a good reputation of giving young players a chance to play. Most clubs are known for developing talent and that age is only a number.”Merson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.“I’m learning a lot here and we have a very good working relationship with all the keepers at Hertha which I’m grateful for,” he added.“But also at the end of the day, I have my sights set on the spot above me. We need to climb and be able to put pressure on the No. 1 as well.”“I was always a striker or attacking mid but at one point just hopped in goal for fun during a break at school,” he explained.“I loved diving around and making those big saves. I eventually asked to go in goal for my club and I stayed there. My dad used to shoot on me a bit in our backyard or on the school fields, and he usually scored so that was some good motivation to get better!”
Barcelona are in search of a new backup striker to sign quickly after the departure of Munir El Haddadi.Hristo Stoichkov believes Carlos Vela would be a great addition if Barcelona decides to purchase him.Even though the Mexican striker is currently with LAFC, he has been linked with a loan move to the Barca.“He is a player who knows the Spanish league,” Stoichkov said of the forward on Univision, according to Marca.“He had spectacular games with Real Sociedad.Quiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.“It won’t be hard for him to adapt.“If he goes to Barcelona then he’ll be spectacular from the first match.“I don’t doubt Carlos Vela.“I don’t know if Barcelona will want him for just six months or with a purchase option.”
Facebook Twitter News Harold Bradley, Iconic Country Music Guitarist, Dies At 93 Iconic Guitarist Harold Bradley Dies At 93 harold-bradley-iconic-country-music-guitarist-dies-93 Email Bradley, along with his brother record producer Owen Bradley, is known to have built the “Nashville Sound.” Jennifer VelezGRAMMYs Feb 1, 2019 – 1:52 pm Harold Bradley, the legendary guitarist behind some of Nashville’s most well-known songs including Brenda Lee’s “I’m Sorry” and Elvis Presley’s “(You’re The) Devil In Disguise” and an essential person in creating the “Nashville Sound,” has died. He was 93.The guitarist died early Thursday, his daughters said on Facebook. “Early this morning Harold died peacefully in his sleep,” they said on what looks like Bradley’s personal Facebook page. “Many of you know him as a successful musician and no doubt many stories will be told in the coming week. But to us, his greatest accomplishment was being the best dad in the world. We love you, dad.”Harold, along with his brother record producer Owen Bradley, is known to have built the pop induced “Nashville Sound.” The two opened recording studios in Nashville including, Bradley Film And Recording. Harold worked with numerous artists in the studio, including Ray Stevens, Patsy Cline, Brenda Lee, Elvis Presley, and Bill Monroe. Raised in Nashville, Bradley picked up the banjo first but switched to an interest in guitar after his brother suggested to do so. He served in the Navy for two years starting in 1944, but upon his return to Nashville began to focus on music. Bradley was also the first-ever president of the National Academy Of Recording Arts And Sciences, commonly known as the Recording Academy. “We are deeply saddened by the passing of renowned country music guitarist and our first Recording Academy Nashville Chapter President, Harold Bradley,” Recording Academy CEO Neil Portnow said in a statement. “Harold will not only be remembered for his musical accomplishments, but for his unwavering dedication to our field and commitment to advocating for his industry. We have lost an integral member of our music community, and he will be dearly missed by many.”Bradley was inducted in the Country Music Hall Of Fame in 2006.”Everything that was happening in the studio, that was my world,” Bradley said in an interview with NPR in 2013. “That was as big as it got. And then one day, my brother came up and he said, ‘Well, we’re doing pretty good. We’ve got 25 out of the top 50 songs.’ All of a sudden I’m thinking, ‘That stuff we did in the studio, people are listening to that all over the world? Maybe I better pay some attention to what’s happening a little bit more because, goodnight! Whatever I’m playing, these people are listening to it. And I better be good.'”Dolly Parton Talks Longevity, Equality, Whitney Houston & MoreRead more